Viewers of last night’s (January 14) episode of SmackDown may have noticed a different voice in their ears during the show, as NXT ring announcer Samantha Irvin made her debut on the show as the blue brand’s new ring announcer.
Irvin had been serving as an interviewer and ring announcer alongside Alicia Taylor on the NXT brand since the 2.0 relaunch, but it appears she’s now full-time on SmackDown.
Taking to Instagram, she said:
Honored, blessed, and oh so excited to be your new Friday Night Smackdown Ring Announcer!
Mike Rome had previously been ring announcing for both Raw and SmackDown since Greg Hamilton was released from the company back on October 26.
View this post on Instagram
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Tony Khan Comments On Jade Cargill After WWE Signing
- Jade Cargill Comments On Officially Becoming A WWE Star
- Mustafa Ali’s Replacement Against Dominik Mysterio At NXT No Mercy Revealed
- Tony Khan Addresses NJPW Acquisition Rumors
- Jade Cargill Reveals Why She Chose WWE Instead Of AEW
- WWE Match Pulled From Show
- Brian Pillman Jr Introduced On WWE NXT
- WWE Star Debuts Brand New Look & Entrance Theme After Big Makeover
- Roman Reigns WWE Return Date Revealed