NXT General Manager William Regal has announced that some NXT champions have been forced to vacate their titles.
Regal took to Twitter to announce that Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch will vacate the NXT Tag Team Championship. Stating that he’ll explain more on this week’s NXT, Regal tweeted:
“I can confirm this incredibly unfortunate news and make the difficult decision to vacate the #WWENXT Tag Team Titles. Furthermore, I will address the state of the titles further tomorrow night on @WWENXT“
Danny Burch was injured on NXT last week during a tag team match against Finn Balor and Karrion Kross. Oney Lorcan had to finish the match by himself, before Burch was evaluated. It was later confirmed that Burch had suffered a shoulder separation.
Burch and Lorcan won the NXT Tag Team Championship in October last year. They had previously defended the title against Breezango, and Killian Dain and Drake Maverick.
It is currently unknown how the next NXT Tag Team Champions will be decided. With NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver only 2 weeks away, it is possible a match for the vacant titles will be made official on NXT tomorrow night.
We wish Danny Burch a safe and healthy recovery.
- Bullet Club Member Betrays Jay White & Turns Face At NJPW Burning Spirit
- Buddy Matthews ‘May Be Done’ With AEW
- Brock Lesnar Has Shaved Off His Beard (Photo)
- Buddy Matthews Confirms Wrestling Hiatus (VIDEO)
- Teddy Long Explains Twitter Account Blocking Spree
- D-Von Dudley Recalls The Usos Asking For Permission To Use The 3D
- Report: Rumor Killer On Miro Wanting To Leave AEW & Join WWE
- Former ROH Owner Cary Silkin Shares Honest Thoughts On Chris Jericho Title Win
- AJ Styles Match Set For September 26 WWE Raw
- Wardlow Says AEW World Championship Is ‘In Shambles’