NXT General Manager William Regal has announced that some NXT champions have been forced to vacate their titles.
Regal took to Twitter to announce that Oney Lorcan and Danny Burch will vacate the NXT Tag Team Championship. Stating that he’ll explain more on this week’s NXT, Regal tweeted:
“I can confirm this incredibly unfortunate news and make the difficult decision to vacate the #WWENXT Tag Team Titles. Furthermore, I will address the state of the titles further tomorrow night on @WWENXT“
Danny Burch was injured on NXT last week during a tag team match against Finn Balor and Karrion Kross. Oney Lorcan had to finish the match by himself, before Burch was evaluated. It was later confirmed that Burch had suffered a shoulder separation.
Burch and Lorcan won the NXT Tag Team Championship in October last year. They had previously defended the title against Breezango, and Killian Dain and Drake Maverick.
It is currently unknown how the next NXT Tag Team Champions will be decided. With NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver only 2 weeks away, it is possible a match for the vacant titles will be made official on NXT tomorrow night.
We wish Danny Burch a safe and healthy recovery.
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Incredible IYO SKY Vs. Asuka WWE SmackDown Viewership Figure Revealed
- Update On WWE Faction Splitting
- Notable Name’s Planned WWE Tryout Was Cancelled