Many people had wondered what the future of the championship would hold, and we now know our answer. NXT General Manager William Regal addressed the situation on Twitter.
Regal confirmed that the previously announced number one contender’s four way match between Pete Dunne, Kyle O’Reilly, LA Knight and Tommaso Ciampa would now be for the vacant championship.
— William Regal (@RealKingRegal) September 13, 2021
Tomorrow night (September 14) is the launch of the polarising ‘NXT 2.0’ rebrand, and it seems a new champion will be crowned on the show.
The former NXT Champion Samoa Joe was originally scheduled to be a part of tonight’s Raw show, but that won’t be happening now due to his injury.
- Bray Wyatt’s New Ring Name Revealed?
- Report: Huge ROH Show Announcement Imminent
- Lio Rush Provides Update On Shoulder Injury & Return Plans (Exclusive)
- Kenny Omega On Whether He Thought Forbidden Door Would Actually Happen
- AEW’s Jungle Boy Out With An Injury
- More Matches Announced For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Buy-In
- Stipulation Added To AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door Six Man Tag Match
- Original Plan For WWE Hall Of Famer To Manage MVP
- Hiromu Takahashi Pulled From Forbidden Door
- Kenny Omega Opens Up About Wrestling With Vertigo In NJPW