One of the more controversial decisions of WrestleMania was Charlotte Flair defeating Rhea Ripley for the NXT Women’s Championship. The win marks Charlotte’s second reign with the title.
Now, we know what the plan is for the title going forward. Alex McCarthy revealed on Twitter that Charlotte is planning to defend her new championship on all three brands of WWE.
I just spoke to @MsCharlotteWWE.
The new NXT Women's Champion says she plans to defend the title across all three brands and is excited at the prospect of facing the talented women in NXT.
Also says she's 'only scratched the surface' with @RheaRipley_WWE.
— Alex McCarthy (@AlexM_talkSPORT) April 6, 2020
“I just spoke to @MsCharlotteWWE.
The new NXT Women’s Champion says she plans to defend the title across all three brands and is excited at the prospect of facing the talented women in NXT.
Also says she’s ‘only scratched the surface’ with @RheaRipley_WWE”
It appears we will be seeing a lot of Charlotte going forward. For the most part, NXT titles have been exclusive to the NXT brand since 2012. There have been a few exceptions, such as Daniel Bryan challenging Adam Cole for the NXT Championship on SmackDown last year, but on the whole, the titles have remained in NXT.
This is the first time a main roster WWE talent has returned to the NXT brand and won one of their titles.
What do you think of the decision to have Charlotte Flair defeat Rhea Ripley? Let us know on Twitter!