NXT star Cora Jade has opened up about her experiences following a controversial segment which received some backlash from fans.
In the segment, Jade recreated the famous WCW moment where Alundra Blayze threw the WWE Women’s Championship in the trash, by doing the same to the NXT Women’s Tag Team Title belt.
Jade received some backlash for the segment, which was viewed by some as disrespectful.
Speaking on the Mark Moses Show, Jade spoke about fan reaction to the segment:
“I looked at my Twitter and I was like ‘I’m gonna close it’. As soon as I opened it, (I) closed it. They were pretty mad at me that day. You know what’s crazy? The other day I was driving and I was stuck in traffic and someone kept honking their horn at me.
“I looked up and it was somebody with a Mandy Rose Toxic Attraction sign out the window. They were just booing me. I was just in the front seat of my car and I was like ‘Is this actually happening right now?’ Even on the road they hate me.”
For more wrestling news, follow WrestleTalk on Twitter.
Transcription courtesy of SEScoops.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- Update On Backstage Heat Between Triple H & Top WWE Star
- Rey Mysterio Gives Honest Thoughts On Dominik Mysterio’s Character
- Major WWE Contract Expiring After WrestleMania 39
- Major Roxanne Perez Update For NXT Stand & Deliver
- Report: WWE Talent Morale Affected By Vince McMahon Concerns
- ‘Sentimental’ Special Entrance Planned For Top WWE Star At WrestleMania 39
- More On Rumored New WWE Championship Belt
- Hilarious Guess From WWE Week On Wheel Of Fortune [VIDEO]
- Surprise Ambush To End WWE NXT
- Former WWE Star Opens Up About Pregnancy