A planned “funeral” segment was reportedly pulled from tonight’s NXT after the news of the passing of ROH Tag Team Champion Jay Briscoe.
Briscoe tragically passed away in a car accident aged 38.
John Pollock of POST Wrestling tweeted:
New Day was scheduled to host a funeral segment on NXT on Tuesday night – this segment was changed after the news of Jay Briscoe’s passing, per sources
New Day came to the ring wearing suits for what ended up being a regular promo segment during which they were interrupted by both Pretty Deadly and Gallus, setting up a three-way for the NXT Tag Team Championship at Vengeance Day on February 4.
Briscoe’s passing was mentioned on air during NXT as the announcers sent their condolences.
There has been an outpouring of well-earned tributes for Briscoe tonight from all corners of the wrestling world, including both WWE creative head Paul Levesque (Triple H) and NXT booker Shawn Michaels.
We continue to send our thoughts to his family, friends and anyone affected by today’s tragic news.
- VIDEO: Unseen Post-Raw Footage Of Tension Between Roman Reigns & Solo Sikoa
- The Rock’s Daughter WWE In-Ring Debut Announced
- Tony Khan Comments On Goldberg Free Agent Status
- NXT TV Debut On Tonight’s Show (March 21)
- Major AEW Star To Miss Tonight’s Dynamite (March 22)
- WWE Stars Show Off Gruesome Injuries After Hard Hitting Match
- New WWE Signing In-Ring Debut Announced
- Former NJPW Star Set For WWE Debut Next Week
- Major Stipulation Added To NXT Stand & Deliver Match
- Keith Lee Responds To Criticism Of Saying ‘Poor WALTER’ After GUNTHER Name Change