Each week since going live, WWE NXT has released an injury report on WWE Now with Matt Camp. Who’s listed as injured in this week’s report? Most of these are believed to be storyline.
Day to Day:
- Kyle O’Reilly has suffered an AC strain on his shoulder after his match with the Street Profits. The Undisputed Era defended their tag titles successfully last night.
- Candice LeRae suffered a neck contusion in her match with Shayna Baszler. LeRae came up short against Baszler for the NXT Women’s Title
- Shane Thorne also has suffered an AC strain during his match with Johnny Gargano. Thorne lost to Gargano, but looked possibly the best he’s looked since joining NXT.
- Matt Riddle is just listed as not medically cleared to compete. However, no specific injury was listed. Maybe it’s just his feelings after coming up short in the NXT title match.
- Tommaso Ciampa has been medically cleared from his neck surgery he underwent in March. Ciampa confronted Cole and Goldie at the end of the show.
It’s a nice little twist to have an injury report as part of a more sports-like presentation. The show last night truly focused on in-ring action.
Apparently, wrestling live on USA makes you more susceptible to injuring your shoulder. Next week, wrestlers need to tape up their AC joint before they wrestle.