Whilst Raw was focused on the final live event of Brock Lesnar’s current WWE contract, NXT brought a breath of fresh air to the WrestleMania packed season with a live show from Cocoa, Florida.
Performing in front of 250 people, the show helped paved the way for the upcoming NXT TakeOver: New Orleans with a fatal four-way main event featuring four of the six men who will compete in the ladder match to be crowned inaugural NXT North American Champion.
The bout in question saw Ricochet defeat the Velveteen Dream, Lars Sullivan, and Adam Cole in an incredible jam-packed headliner. The ending came via a 650 on Velveteen Dream with the action perfectly setting up Saturday, April 7.
Other results from the card:
- Oney Lorcan defeated Chad Lail with a blockbuster
- Adrian Jaoude and Cezar Bononi best The Ealy Brothers
- Taynara Conti downed Jessie Elaban with an armbar
- Roderick Strong beat Fabian Aichner
- Mark Andrews and Christopher Dijak best Kona Reeves and Dan Matha
- EC3 outdid No Way Jose
- Peyton Royce and Billie Kay defeated Candice LeRae and Dakota Kai when Royce cracked Kai with a running knee