NXT superstars may have to “Bask in the Glory” of Keith Lee as it’s being reported that the indie star is making his way to WWE and will soon report to the Performance Center. This news, courtesy of PWTorch, comes after Pro Wrestling Guerrilla announced Lee would be having a “farewell event” on May 25. Furthermore, Lee is not scheduled for any independent shows beyond that date, including Evolve and PROGRESS.
In just five minutes, tickets to Keith Lee's farewell event, Bask in His Glory, go on sale! Get yours at https://t.co/KhAHlkQzBk at 8PM!
— PWG (@OfficialPWG) May 2, 2018
Neither Lee nor WWE have confirmed a contract has been signed, but there have been rumors for months that the company is interested in the 6’3″ Texas native. These rumors became more prominent over WrestleMania weekend as Lee performed for the company during WrestleMania Axxess.
If this is true, and Lee does sign with WWE, it will be interesting to see how he is used. He has the in-ring ability and natural charisma to be a top star in both NXT, and on the main roster. However, the company doesn’t have the best track record when it comes to independent stars. Many thrive in developmental but are mistreated when they jump to the main roster. With Lee, though, his body type is right up Vince McMahon’s alley, and he can easily be portrayed as a monster. Whatever the case may be, it seems the big man’s time in PWG, at least, is over.
What are your thoughts on Keith Lee signing with WWE? Let us know in the comments below or on Twitter here.
- Bryan Danielson AEW Rampage Injury A Work?
- Truth Behind Naomi WWE Walk Out Revealed?
- Jimmy Uso Shares Support For Naomi And Sasha Banks
- Serena Deeb Shoots Hard On WWE In Heated AEW Dynamite Promo
- Stephanie McMahon To Take Leave Of Absence From WWE
- Several WWE Stars Support Nash Carter Following Controversial Release
- Shocking Statistic About Thunder Rosa AEW Women’s Championship Run
- Update On Johnny Elite’s AEW Status Following Dynamite Debut
- Road Dogg Believes There’s No Money In Wrestling
- Anthony Bowens Claims He Was Taken Off Dynamite In Cryptic Tweet