As we reported earlier Aleister Black is out of NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn IV with a torn groin. As it turns out he isn’t the only NXT star dealing with injuries heading into August 18 as Ricochet is also dealing with an injury.
The issues Ricochet is dealing with aren’t new, he has been working hurt since before the last NXT special on the WWE Network. Now, the problems are getting worse.
In June, Triple H described it as “a tweak, not an injury”, but Ricochet hasn’t wrestled in the last six weeks – NXT television is pre-recorded a month in advance. This shows that there is some effort being made to protect the ‘One and Only’. He did a beatdown angle with the Undisputed Era at the last NXT tapings, but that was the only action he’s seen.
The injury is still not said to be serious, but officials wanted to make sure that he had time to recover before SummerSlam weekend. NXT TakeOver: Brooklyn IV is scheduled for August 18 at the new 7 pm start time. Ricochet is scheduled to face NXT North American Champion Adam Cole.
Do you think Ricochet will be healthy before NXT TakeOver Brooklyn IV? Let us know in the comments, on Twitter, or Discord today!
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Randy Orton In-Ring Return Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- New Latino World Order Debuts On SmackDown
- Report: AEW Star Suffers Broken Leg After Crazy Ladder Spot
- Top WWE Star Nearing End Of Contract, Has Not Agreed To New Deal
- Bobby Lashley Issues Open Challenge For WrestleMania 39
- Big Update On Uncle Howdy Status For WrestleMania 39 Weekend
- Leaked Footage Of Top WWE Star WrestleMania 39 Entrance Rehearsal Revealed
- What Dominik Mysterio Did During Rey Mysterio Hall Of Fame Speech
- Commentators For WWE WrestleMania 39 Confirmed