Joaquin Wilde, formerly known as DJZ or Zema Ion, made his WWE 205 Live debut last night with a win over a local talent.
Wilde has only wrestled twice on NXT TV to date, his debut a loss to current Cruiserweight Champion Angel Garza in the breakout tournament back in June, and then a loss to Shane Thorne a few weeks later.
After that, he took time away due to eye surgery and has now reemerged as part of the cruiserweight division.
Now the cruiserweight division is part of NXT, there has been a lot of crossover lately with the shows essentially sharing a roster. We’ve seen the likes of Isaiah Scott and Angel Garza on 205 Live, while Jack Gallagher, Tony Nese and more 205 stalwarts have popped up on NXT.
It’s an interesting dynamic but it does make 205 Live feel even less important than it already did because everything of note in the division happens on NXT instead.
The latest example of that was of course Angel Garza beating Lio Rush this past Wednesday to become the new Cruiserweight Champion.
- Scrapped Plans For Rhea Ripley At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Solo Sikoa Breaks Silence After Attacking Jimmy Uso On WWE SmackDown
- VIDEO: Former Champion Trains At D-Von Dudley Wrestling Academy
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Major WWE Name Touts Storytelling Of Bloodline Angles
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Big Update On GUNTHER WWE Intercontinental Title Plans
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- AEW Teasing Popular Name’s In-Ring Debut?