Earlier today, WWE announced Adam Cole will be a special guest on WWE Backstage. Cole is the NXT Champion and is the first NXT superstar to be a guest on backstage.
Of course, they’re only in Week 2, but it is surprising given the ratings number from this week. It would seem WWE would want a main roster star that might bring in more eyes to the product.
— WWE on FOX (@WWEonFOX) November 7, 2019
While you might not be watching WWE Backstage at 11pm on FS1, you can listen to it on your commute. WWE will be releasing Backstage as a podcast on iTunes.
The first episode is basically the FS1 show and features Renee, Booker, Christian, Paige, Ryan Satin, Rob Gronkowski, Shawn Michaels, and everything that was included on the show. FS1 provided the following timestamps:
- Renee Young, Booker T, Christian, and Paige discuss the NXT takeover of Raw and SmackDown. (00:07)
- What’s next for The Fiend after winning the Universal Title? What’s next for Seth Rollins? (12:06)
- Shawn Michaels discusses how the NXT takeover of SmackDown came together, his role in NXT, and more. (17:10)
- Ryan Satin delivers news on Alexa Bliss, Randy Orton, and more. (23:08)
- Rob Gronkowski recaps his WrestleMania experience, reveals his favorite WWE memories, and more. (26:13)
- Social Media Smackdown (30:37)
The show itself is fine and has some of the same feel as Talking Smack, but with so much wrestling content, people can only watch so much. It seems most people are not going to watch a show without any in-ring action.