Update: It appears the below speculation is not the case and Drake Maverick’s YouTube activity has nothing to do with his position in NXT.
It appears that NXT star Drake Maverick may be preparing for life after WWE as he has revived his personal YouTube channel.
There is currently one match uploaded to the channel, which is Rockstar Spud (Maverick) vs Drew Galloway (McIntyre) from IMPACT on November 25, 2015.
PWInsider previously noted that there were several matches, including one against Eric Young, but as of right now, the only one that’s there is Spud vs Galloway.
This of course doesn’t necessarily mean Maverick will be released anytime soon, but it could be a sign that he’s preparing for the possibility.
Maverick’s last match was on last week’s NXT – which was a win against LA Knight – but as we saw with the likes of Alexander Wolfe, being used so recently wouldn’t necessarily be something that would prevent WWE from releasing him.
Maverick was actually released by WWE in April 2020, but returned to NXT after releasing an emotional video following his release that got him a lot of support.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Report: WWE To Introduce New Championship Belt ‘Soon’
- Potential Spoiler On Change To WrestleMania 39 Match
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Top WWE Star Working WrestleMania 39 With Broken Arm
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Former Women’s Champion Wants To Face GUNTHER For WWE Intercontinental Title