NXT star Tegan Nox was taken out backstage prior to this week’s battle royale. Candice LeRae hit Nox’s bad knee with a pipe and an equipment crate leaving Nox unable to compete. Now, it seems she may have suffered a very serious injury.
While the segment would appear to be kayfabe and the NXT Injury Report usually blends real injuries and worked ones, this one appears more severe. The report says Nox may have suffered a torn ACL, which could keep her out for many months.
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) September 24, 2020
This is different from most of WWE’s worked injuries. Typically if someone suffers a kayfabe injury it is listed on the report as a tweak, a contusion, or a sprain. These things are pretty flimsy and would have no set return time. However, a torn ACL is much more severe, especially considering Nox’s history of knee problems.
If the angle was done to cover for a real injury suffered recently, it may be a long time before we see Nox return.
The same report also lists Cameron Grimes and Austin Theory as day-to-day with a tweaked knee and back spasms respectively.
If she is actually hurt, we here at WrestleTalk wish Tegan Nox a speedy recovery.
What did you think of NXT this week? Let us know on Twitter!
- MJF Return Speculation Runs Rampant After AEW Dynamite
- Latest On Kenny Omega Absence Ahead Of Potential AEW Return
- Chris Jericho Calls Vince McMahon ‘A Once In A Generation Genius’
- Report: ‘Nobody Knew’ CM Punk Would Call Out Adam Page, ‘A Lot Of Reality To It’
- Update On Johnny Gargano Following WWE Return Rumors
- AEW Rampage Spoilers: Claudio Castagnoli Issues A Challenge, Championship Matches & Brutal Attack
- Mickie James Unsure About Her Wrestling Future
- Update On CM Punk Injury Status Following AEW Return
- Jack Evans Would Love To Return To AEW
- Kenny Omega Addresses Fans After Return On AEW Dynamite