It’s official folks. WWE.com now lists the superstar formerly known as WALTER as “Gunther”. Not Gunther Stark, just Gunther.
Fans have lambasted WWE for its apparent decision to change WALTER’s name, ever since it was seemingly announced on last night’s episode of NXT 2.0.
Unfortunately for those fans, WWE appears to have turned a deaf ear to the criticism, as his WWE.com profile says Gunther, as you can see from the above thumbnail.
It was initially thought WALTER would be renamed to Gunther Stark after WWE filed a trademark application for the name, but it appears the surname was removed.
Fans pointed out after the trademark application was made that Gunther Stark was also the name of a World War II Nazi naval lieutenant, but it isn’t clear whether this led to the surname being scrapped.
Either way, it’s going to take some getting used to, and there are plenty of fans already vowing to call him WALTER forever, even if WWE.com says something else.
You can keep track of all WWE’s name changes throughout 2022 at this link.
- William Regal Compares Putting Over AEW Star Danhausen To Past WWE Comedy
- PROGRESS World Championship Declared Vacant at Chapter 134 Event
- Update On MJF AEW Contract Situation, Locker Room Not On MJF’s Side
- AEW Dark: Elevation Stacked Card Includes ROH Women’s Championship Match
- NXT Tag Team Titles Match For In Your House Event Announced
- PROGRESS 134: No Mountain High Enough SPOILERS – Major Challenge Issued For Strong Style Weekend
- Reason Behind Chris Jericho Keeping Judas After His Heel Turn Revealed
- NJPW Capital Collision Results: New IWGP United States Champion & AEW Stars Appear
- Paige Has A Suggestion For Ronda Rousey
- Alexa Bliss Shows Off New Tattoo (PHOTO)