It’s official folks. WWE.com now lists the superstar formerly known as WALTER as “Gunther”. Not Gunther Stark, just Gunther.
Fans have lambasted WWE for its apparent decision to change WALTER’s name, ever since it was seemingly announced on last night’s episode of NXT 2.0.
Unfortunately for those fans, WWE appears to have turned a deaf ear to the criticism, as his WWE.com profile says Gunther, as you can see from the above thumbnail.
It was initially thought WALTER would be renamed to Gunther Stark after WWE filed a trademark application for the name, but it appears the surname was removed.
Fans pointed out after the trademark application was made that Gunther Stark was also the name of a World War II Nazi naval lieutenant, but it isn’t clear whether this led to the surname being scrapped.
Either way, it’s going to take some getting used to, and there are plenty of fans already vowing to call him WALTER forever, even if WWE.com says something else.
You can keep track of all WWE’s name changes throughout 2022 at this link.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match
- WWE Star To Make In-Ring Debut Soon