It says a lot that the consistently best commentator on WWE’s main roster is someone who’s only there because they were injured during their time on NXT.
I am of course talking about Corey Graves, who just about manages to steer the sinking ship that is Raw and SmackDown Live commentary.
Corey managed to salvage a career in WWE after suffering an injury which saw the end to his in-ring career, and now there’s another NXT star who would be heading in a very similar direction.
Tino Sabbatelli, who could be seen most often in a tag team with Riddick Moss on the developmental brand, suffered a torn pectoral muscle and is reportedly struggling to recover.
Writing in the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Dave Meltzer wrote:
“There was talk of giving Tino Sabbatelli a look as a TV announcer. Sabbatelli has been having issues since his recent surgery and the description to us is the situation is similar to that of Jason Jordan. But he hasn’t been cleared to return and may not be any time soon.”
Melzter mentions Jason Jordan, who aside from being Kurt Angle’s biological son, has been sidelined with a neck injury since the end of January 2018. He has been serving as a backstage producer while he continues to rehab the injury.
- Official WrestleMania 39 Night One & Two Lineups Revealed
- Clarification On WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event
- Former WWE Star Arrives In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Appearance Rumours
- AEW Name Reveals Heartwarming Text From Rey Mysterio After Hall Of Fame Announcement
- Potential Spoiler On Major Musical Artist Set For WrestleMania 39
- Latest On Plans For AEW UK Debut
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Sami Zayn & Kevin Owens To Pay Tribute To Their Past At WrestleMania 39
- Big E Provides Latest Injury Update Amid WrestleMania Rumours