NXT’s Joaquin Wilde is set to undergo surgery after suffering what is being described as a freak injury. Wilde has suffered a broken eye socket.
The former DJZ reportedly suffered the injury back in July. The injury apparently happened during training.
Doctor’s were planning on seeing if the injury would just heal. However, they have decided to go ahead and have surgery.
Wilde recently competed in the NXT Top Breakout Tournament. He and Angel Garza had one of the better opening round matches.
Wilde isn’t expected to be out for long. However, it’s yet to be seen if Wilde will return to NXT or if WWE plans on having him compete on 205 Live.
With NXT going to two hours and a live format, Wilde who has extensive TV experience would be a valuable commodity on NXT. Due to his time in Impact, Wilde could be used to have high quality matches and help get stars over.
Whatever the case, we here at WrestleTalk wish Wilde a quick and speedy recovery.
- Former WWE Star Virgil Passes Away
- Drew McIntyre Legitimate WWE Injury Update
- AEW Revolution Match Cancelled
- Backstage Details On Who Knew About Shawn Spears WWE Return
- AEW’s Young Bucks Address Current Relationship With WWE Star Cody Rhodes
- TKO Issues New Statement On Vince McMahon WWE Status & Allegations
- Rhea Ripley Breaks Character To Scold Fans For Harsh Treatment Of Fellow Star
- Visa Issues Set To Cause Huge Changes To AEW Programming?
- Becky Lynch & Jade Cargill Show Support For Maxxine Dupri After Upsetting Viral Video
- Released WWE Star Says Cocaine Was Reason For Failed Drug Tests