NXT’s Joaquin Wilde is set to undergo surgery after suffering what is being described as a freak injury. Wilde has suffered a broken eye socket.
The former DJZ reportedly suffered the injury back in July. The injury apparently happened during training.
Doctor’s were planning on seeing if the injury would just heal. However, they have decided to go ahead and have surgery.
Wilde recently competed in the NXT Top Breakout Tournament. He and Angel Garza had one of the better opening round matches.
Wilde isn’t expected to be out for long. However, it’s yet to be seen if Wilde will return to NXT or if WWE plans on having him compete on 205 Live.
With NXT going to two hours and a live format, Wilde who has extensive TV experience would be a valuable commodity on NXT. Due to his time in Impact, Wilde could be used to have high quality matches and help get stars over.
Whatever the case, we here at WrestleTalk wish Wilde a quick and speedy recovery.
- Backstage Heat With CM Punk Leads To Colt Cabana Missing AEW Shows?
- Former WWE Star Paul London ‘Insulted’ By Offer From AEW
- CM Punk Mocks WWE With Their Own History After Changing MITB Location
- NJPW Officially Addresses ‘Severe Disagreement’ With Kota Ibushi
- WWE Locker Room Against Sasha Banks But Not Naomi After Walkout Controversy?
- WWE Changes Ludwig Kaiser’s Name For Second Time This Week
- Which Stars WWE Meant When Claiming Sasha Banks & Naomi Didn’t Want To Work With Them
- Queen Zelina Injured, Timeline For Return Revealed
- Tony Khan Takes Shots At WWE Changing Money In The Bank Location
- William Regal Shares Which AEW Stars He Wanted To Sign To NXT