Mandy Rose has been the NXT Women’s Champion for more than 250 days, and there doesn’t seem to be an obvious contender for who will eventually dethrone her.
Despite this, it may come as no surprise to those of you who do watch NXT, or at least those of you who are on Twitter during NXT, that WWE has discussed pushing Nikkita Lyons as the next champion.
Lyons’ look is something WWE has been capitalising on a lot on social media, and Dave Meltzer has revealed WWE has at least discussed added a big shiny belt to her look.
Speaking on Wrestling Observer Radio, he said:
“I know that there was talk of Nikkita Lyons winning (the NXT Women’s Championship), but not for a long time. Not right now.”
Mandy Rose is one of the longest reigning champions in NXT history, so you would assume WWE will make a big deal out of someone eventually defeating her for the belt.
At just 22, Lyons is still one of the youngest people on the roster, and is clearly a favourite for many, so it wouldn’t be at all surprising to see her rising up the card very soon.
Rose defends the NXT Women’s Championship against Roxanne Perez on tonight’s episode of NXT 2.0.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Potential Future WWE Bloodline Member Receives Big Offer
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- AEW Star Becoming ‘More Important’ On Creative Team, Recent Contributions Revealed
- Paul Heyman Idea That Vince McMahon Thought Was ‘Terrible’ Revealed
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury