WWE have announced a special NXT UK: Prelude show for WrestleMania week, with a major UK Championship match set to headline.
On the latest NXT UK episode, it was revealed that the April 8 episode will be a special show on the lead-up to WrestleMania 37. NXT UK: Prelude promises to showcase the top talent of the UK brand, headlined by a huge NXT UK Championship match.
WALTER will defend the championship that he’s held for over 700 days against British wrestling veteran Rampage Brown. Tyler Bate and Noam Dar will also face off in a Heritage Rules match, with the winner earning a shot at A-Kid’s Heritage Cup.
WrestleMania week already promised to be action packed, but the addition of this NXT UK special is certainly intriguing. The British show is set for April 8, the same date as the second night of NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver.
The UK show, starting at 3pm ET, takes place earlier in the day than Stand & Deliver, starting at 8pm ET. With WALTER recently returning to NXT to attack Tommaso Ciampa, it looks as if the leader of Imperium will play a key role on two WrestleMania week NXT specials.
NXT UK: Prelude will air on Peacock in the United States and on the WWE Network everywhere else.
- Scrapped Pitch For Sting AEW Retirement Revealed
- Bayley Reacts To Dakota Kai & Damage CTRL WWE Betrayal
- AEW Star Contract Expiry Update
- Potential WWE Signing Recalls Conversations With Shawn Michaels
- WWE Star Praises AEW’s Sting For Going Out On His Own Terms
- Details On WWE Star’s Role In Upcoming Movie
- AEW Star Set For Return Match Against Brother
- Cody Rhodes Sends Message To Sting Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement
- Former AEW Star’s WWE Return Match Announced
- Sting’s Son Shares Emotional Message Ahead Of AEW Revolution Retirement Match