NXT UK star Candy Floss took to Twitter today (February 9) to announce that her WWE contract expired in December 2021, and she is no longer with the company.
Candy Floss (real name Amy Samardzija) detailed her struggles with mental health that led to her taking time away from the company, with her thanking the company for their support during the time.
In May 2019 I lost my mum to cancer then in January 2020 I signed with NXT UK.
Unfortunately, my dream career with WWE got put on hold when, during the pandemic, I was diagnosed with severe PTSD and anxiety because of the trauma I experienced witnessing my favorite person, my mum, fight for her life. I decided I needed to put my mental health first and WWE couldn’t have been more supportive. In December 2021 my contract with WWE expired. It is very sad for me as wish my journey with WWE didn’t have to end like this as I’ve worked so hard to get signed. I just want to say thank you to WWE for dealing with me so well as I know it’s not an easy situation, I’m very grateful for it all.
From fighting in the ring nearly every day, I found myself being in the biggest fight with my mental health. On a positive note, I am doing so much better! My dream isn’t over, life just decided to be very unfair (not so sweet towards me. Hopefully I will be back in the ring again sometime soon and hurt my 90 year old back again.
Thank you to everybody for supporting me!
We here at WrestleTalk wish Candy Floss the best in her next endeavour.
Update: ? pic.twitter.com/Q5uF02Zpnl
— CANDY FLOSS キャンディー フロス (@CFlossWrestler) February 9, 2022
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- WWE Star Set To Compete In Miss Universe Canada
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Top WWE Star To Wrestle Two Matches At WrestleMania?
- Nigel McGuinness Discusses In-Ring Future Amid Return Speculation
- Next Raw Women’s Championship Challenger Revealed?