WWE announced this week that the NXT UK brand will be going on hiatus, with the Worlds Collide event on September 4 set to be the last event featuring the NXT UK brand.
With the relaunch, WWE released several stars from the brand, one of whom being former NXT UK Tag Team Champion Flash Morgan Webster. Webster had been sidelined with an injured since last year.
Per Fightful Select (subscription required), Webster was on a short-term extension with WWE, who wanted to retain him. However, Fightful was told that months prior to the release, he had re-signed with the company on a more long term basis.
The report also notes that many in NXT UK knew that a change was coming, but were unsure of how drastic it would be. Fightful has heard that some of the names were unwilling to relocate to the United States, while others didn’t believe it made financial sense to continue with WWE.
If you’re in the UK but didn’t manage to get tickets to Clash at the Castle on September 3, WrestleTalk is hosting a watch party at The Joiner on Worship in Shoreditch, London, and we’d love for you to join us! Click here for more details.
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- Major Tease AEW Stars Could Leave The Company
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?
- Latest News On CM Punk AEW Return After Recent Teases