WWE has officially announced that Raquel Gonzalez will defend her NXT Women’s Championship against Dakota Kai at NXT TakeOver 36.
WWE took to Twitter to promote the match:
BREAKING: @RaquelWWE will battle @DakotaKai_WWE for the #NXTWomensTitle at #NXTTakeOver 36 on August 22 at 8 ET/5 PT!
Streaming on @peacockTV in the U.S. and @WWENetwork everywhere else. #WWENXT https://t.co/WPkLUFNtgw
— WWE NXT (@WWENXT) August 9, 2021
Gonzalez defeated Io Shirai to win the NXT Women’s Title at NXT TakeOver: Stand & Deliver Night 1 in April. She was attacked by her former friend, Dakota Kai, on the July 27 episode of NXT, setting up their TakeOver showdown.
Previously announced for NXT TakeOver 36, Samoa Joe will return to the ring to challenge Karrion Kross for the NXT Championship. WALTER will also defend his NXT UK Title against Ilja Dragunov on August 22.
WWE is reportedly planning to repackage NXT, reformatting the show back to a solely developmental system. A new report has revealed that the USA Network is unsure about this new direction of NXT.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Irate Jon Moxley Responds To CM Punk In Expletive-Filled Retort
- Major Change Confirmed For WrestleMania 39 Match
- Major AEW Star To Be Out ‘For A While’ After Suffering Legitimate Injury
- What Happened In Cody Rhodes’ Massive Pre-WrestleMania Match Against Solo Sikoa
- Jon Moxley On AEW: ‘I Have Never Seen So Much Bulls**t Drama In One Place In My Entire F**king Life’
- Rumor Killer On WWE Star Taking ‘A Long Time’ Away From The Company
- Jon Moxley Reveals Why He Was ‘F**king Furious’ About Recent AEW Show
- NXT Star Makes Cameo You Probably Missed On WWE Raw
- Jon Moxley Has High Praise For Surprising AEW Star
- Top AEW Star’s Return Date Confirmed