It’s being reported that NXT star and former Women’s Tag Team Champion Zoey Stark is currently out of action due to a legitimate injury.
POST Wrestling reports that Zoey Stark is listed as injured internally and several sources have confirmed the injury is legitimate, although the severity and exact nature of it is unknown.
During Mandy Rose’s promo that opened last night’s NXT 2.0, her Toxic Attraction allies Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne were shown attacking Stark backstage, which it seems was done to write her off TV to deal with the injury.
Stark’s former tag team champion partner Io Shirai confronted Rose, and a match was set up for next week with Shirai teaming with Kacy Catanzaro and Kayden Carter against all three members of Toxic Attraction.
A week prior to last night, Stark was involved in the three-team ladder match for the tag team title, which Dolin and Jayne won. The other team in that match was Indi Hartwell and Persia Pirotta.
The report doesn’t state whether or not the injury was suffered in that match, but it would seem pretty likely given the nature of the match and how it played out.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- Roman Reigns Shares True Feelings About Sami Zayn