On this week’s episode of AEW Dynamite, it was announced that former Women’s Champion Nyla Rose is going to go one-on-one with Leyla Hirsch on next week’s show. However, we now know that the match won’t be taking place on Wednesday.
Nyla Rose took to social media this evening to announce that she’d found out that an immediate family member had tested positive for COVID, meaning she’s entered a period of self-isolated and will not be allowed to appear on Dynamite next week.
A bit of sad posting =
No easy way to say this so let’s just jump right into it: pic.twitter.com/nrckFYBn3b
— Beyoncé Bloodlust (@NylaRoseBeast) January 16, 2021
This is the second consecutive week that COVID has forced a change to a women’s match on Dynamite. Britt Baker was set to take on Thunder Rosa this week, but the latter was unable to make the show after also coming into contact with some with the virus.
Everyone here at WrestleTalk would obviously like to extend their best wishes to Nyla Rose at this difficult time. We all hope she stays safe and healthy and is able to return to Dynamite after her 14 day isolation period comes to an end.
This comes after it was reported that there has been a breakout of COVID within professional wrestling following the holiday period, which is said to have impacted all nationally televised companies. You can read more about that report by clicking here.
- Former WWE Star Offers To Be Bobby Lashley WrestleMania Opponent
- Another WWE Star Set For ‘Bigger Spotlight’ After WrestleMania 39
- Ronda Rousey Publicly Slams WWE’s Women’s Division Booking
- Tony Khan Announces New AEW Dynamite Matches
- Roman Reigns To Set Another Incredible Record At WrestleMania 39
- Cody Rhodes Shares First Look At WrestleMania Attire Paying Homage To NJPW, ROH & More
- LA Knight WrestleMania 39 Status Confirmed?
- Big Hint That Bray Wyatt Is Returning Soon?
- AEW Star Says Fans Will ‘Never Be Happy’
- Top WWE Star To Wrestle Two Matches At WrestleMania?