It was reported earlier on in the week that WWE was planning on renaming the WWE United Kingdom Championship that is currently held by Imperium’s WALTER.
At least night’s set of NXT UK TV tapings, the title was officially renamed the NXT UK Championship. The championship also received a new design with the WWE logo at the front of the belt being replaced by an NXT UK logo.
— Wrestling Royalty (@WrestlingRoyal1) January 17, 2020
As shared by Twitter user @BeltFanDan, the new title looks very much the same as the old belt, with the small logo change being the only noticeable difference.
— Dan Beltzer (@BeltFanDan) January 16, 2020
The NXT UK Championship is arguably the best looking title that WWE currently has, so it is good to see that the company didn’t opt to completely redesign the belt as they did with the Intercontinental Championship last year.
Towards the end of 2019, WALTER’s rental car was broken into while he was at an EVOLVE show in America. There is no word on if the title redesign was caused by the fact that his original belt has not yet been found.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Killer Kross Scrapped AEW Plans Revealed
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- CM Punk Posts Very Emotional Tweet Following Texas School Shooting Ahead Of AEW Dynamite
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- Ricky Starks Says Cody Rhodes Is Still His Go-To Person For Advice
- Jack Evans ‘Super Disappointed’ About Match With Kenny Omega
- Sonny Kiss To Join ‘The Baddies’ Faction In AEW?
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- WWE Hall Of Famer Pitches Idea For ‘Ironhorse Championship’