Orange Cassidy has set a new AEW record; find out what record he broke on last night’s edition of Battle of the Belts VII.
After surviving the Murderhawk Lance Archer at AEW Battle of the Belts VII (July 15) find out what record Orange Cassidy beat and what new record was set!
With Cassidy’s successful title defense against Archer, he clocked his 26th successful title defense.
This surpasses Jade Cargill’s previous record holding title reign with the TBS Championship whereby successfully defended her title 25 times.
Orange Cassidy has defended his championship International Championship although the title has actually not been called that the entire time.
Fans relatively new the promotion may not recall that the title originally debuted as the AEW All-Atlantic Championship.
Cassidy defeated PAC, the inaugural winner of the AEW All-Atlantic Championship on the October 22, 2022 edition of AEW Dynamite.
However, it was upon his successful title defense in Winnipeg against Jeff Jarrett, the title was ‘levelled up’ in conjunction with a partnership with the WBD film, Shazam, to be re-named the International Championship back in March.
Elsewhere on AEW Battle of the Belts, another star, Sammy Guevara, maintained his impressive AEW record despite not appearing on the show.
If you want to stay fully updated on all the latest wrestling news, click the red bell in the bottom right of your screen to receive notifications from WrestleTalk.com straight to your device!
- Video Footage From Matt Riddle JFK Airport Incident
- MJF Shares Honest Thoughts On CM Punk Real AEW World Title
- Rhea Ripley Reacts To Dominik Mysterio Championship Loss
- WWE NXT No Mercy Main Event Revealed
- Popular AEW Star ‘Absolutely’ Wants To See Edge Join The Company
- WWE Hall Of Famer Confirms Wrestling Return, Names Potential AEW Opponents
- Big Title Change With Main Roster Star At NXT No Mercy
- Released WWE Star Reacts To NXT No Mercy Match
- Another Major Title Change At NXT No Mercy
- AEW WrestleDream Main Event Revealed