An update has emerged on the original plans for the winner of the men’s Money in the Bank match.
During last weekend’s (July 2) premium live event, Theory was ‘added’ to the ladder match main event, which he ultimately won.
This came after a report indicated that WWE had planned for Cody Rhodes to win the Money in the Bank contract, before he suffered a torn pectoral muscle injury.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, Theory was always the planned Money in the Bank winner.
Noting that Theory’s surprise entry into the match was always WWE’s plan, Meltzer wrote:
“Theory, as a late storyline addition, won the men’s briefcase and has vowed to cash it in at SummerSlam on 7/30 at Nissan Stadium in Nashville. Even though he was added late, this was not a late change as the plan was always for Theory to win this match as a surprise.”
At SummerSlam, Roman Reigns will defend his WWE Universal Championship against Brock Lesnar in a Last Man Standing match.
If Theory does cash in at SummerSlam, he will be wrestling for multiple championships on July 30, as he’s already scheduled to challenge for Bobby Lashley’s US Title at the event.
Check out the updated card for SummerSlam right here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- First Look At Owen Hart In AEW: Fight Forever Revealed
- Lita Makes Surprise Return Following WWE Injury Angle (Video)
- Cody Rhodes June 5 WWE Raw Plans Revealed
- Roman Reigns Shares First Comment Since Dramatic WWE SmackDown Ending
- Seth Rollins ‘First Title Defense’ Of WWE World Heavyweight Championship Already Happened
- Rhea Ripley Weighs In On Major WrestleMania 39 Debate
- Former WWE Star Says They’re Not Retired
- DNA Test Proves Wrestling Legend Is Not The Father Of Current Congresswoman
- Asuka Shares Expletive-Filled Translation Of Recent Promo Battle With IYO SKY
- WWE Star Confirms Shoulder Injury