The name that AEW originally planned to use for the newly announced annual Owen Hart tournament has been revealed.
The ‘Owen Hart Cup Tournament’ was announced by the promotion a few days ago as part of a new relationship with the Owen Hart Foundation.
However, according to the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, AEW attempted to call the tournament the ‘King of Harts’, but was blocked from doing so.
There was no further explanation as to why it was blocked, but AEW did file to trademark ‘King of Harts’ back in July, a filing that is still “waiting examination” according to the United States Patent & Trademark Office.
The winner of the tournament will receive a trophy called ‘The Owen’. There haven’t been any more details announced regarding the date, lineup, or anything like that as of yet.
The partnership with the OHF also includes original merch, video game goodies, and more.
- AEW’s Miro Seemingly Agrees He ‘Had It Better’ In WWE
- Latest On AEW Stars Missing From ‘AEW: Fight Forever’ Roster
- Finn Balor Vs Rey Mysterio Added To August 8 WWE Raw
- Latest On Lacey Evans WWE Status After SmackDown Absence
- WWE Star Angel Teases Return To Old Ring Name
- NXT Star Tatum Paxley Injured At House Show
- FTR Announced For AEW Dynamite: Quake By The Lake
- Several WWE Talents Have Had ‘Direct Meetings’ With Triple H Regarding Creative
- The Latest Cryptic Bray Wyatt Tweet Has Dropped Amid WWE Return Speculation
- X-Pac Believes Logan Paul Could Be WWE Champion Material