Last week on AEW: Dynamite, the action kicked off with SCU defeating Best Friends in an AEW World Tag Team Championship tournament match.
However, Dave Meltzer is reporting in the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter that this match was not actually supposed to open the show.
According to Meltzer, AEW planned on having the Lucha Bros vs. Jurassic Express start the show.
The decision was made to switch the matches around as Christopher Daniels had to be written off TV due to an injury. He was attacked by Pentagon Jr. and Rey Fenix.
Frankie Kazarian instead tagged with Scorpio Sky. The match showcased Sky in a big way and put him over as a major player in AEW.
Lucha Bros and SCU are set to clash next week on Dynamite in the final of the tournament. The winners will become the inaugural AEW World Tag Team Champions.
WWE Hall of Famers the Rock ‘n’ Roll Express will be appearing on the show to present the winning team with the titles.
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- Tony Khan Addresses Rumors About AEW Backstage Unhappiness
- Tony Khan Provides Clarification On Huge Rumored Change To AEW Pay-Per-Views
- CM Punk Returns On AEW Dynamite Quake By The Lake
- Amari Miller Deletes Twitter After Controversial Sasha Banks Comment Causes Huge Backlash
- Freddie Prinze Jr Wanted Karrion Kross As His First Champion
- AEW Trios Championship Tournament Bracket Revealed
- Miro Argues WWE Schedule Is ‘Too Much’
- Britt Baker Fuels Speculation About MJF With Recent Instagram Post
- AEW Dark Elevation Spoilers For August 15