Former WWE writer Andrew Goldstein has revealed the original plan for a WWE Hall of Famer to manage MVP.
During MVP’s first WWE run in 2006, the star was involved in a storyline involving his unseen agent negotiating a deal with SmackDown GM Teddy Long.
The identity of the agent wasn’t revealed, ahead of WWE announcing that MVP had signed the ‘largest contract in SmackDown history’ that September.
Speaking on the Universal Wrestling podcast, Andrew Goldstein noted that the initial plan was to reveal that Teddy Long was also MVP’s manager:
“The original end to the story was that Teddy Long was going to be his agent and that it was going to be a Teddy Long heel turn as like, he was playing both sides, ‘I’m the GM of Smackdown, but I’m also representing this high-priced free agent’. But then, Teddy couldn’t take bumps and there was just like, no upside to having Teddy as a working manager. So we never really paid off the whole story of who MVP’s agent was.”
Teddy Long acted as the onscreen SmackDown general manager until 2012. He left WWE in 2014, before he was inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2017.
MVP is currently part of WWE’s Raw roster, most recently wrestling on the June 13 edition of Raw against Cedric Alexander.
He was in action at the most recent WWE premium live event, teaming with Omos to face Bobby Lashley in a handicap match at Hell in a Cell.
Stay up to date with WWE win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker at this link.
Transcription via Wrestling Inc.
- Cora Jade & Bron Breakker Trending On Twitter After Possibly Revealing Relationship
- AJ Styles On Triple H Taking Over Creative From Vince McMahon: ‘It’s Just Different’
- Are Vince McMahon Newly Revealed Unrecorded Payments Related To Donald Trump?
- Danhausen Credits Himself & Orange Cassidy For Bringing In New Fans To AEW
- Santos Escobar Featured On WrestleMania 39 Launch Party & Teases Main Roster Call Up
- Roman Reigns Status For WWE Extreme Rules Revealed
- More Released WWE Stars Returning On SmackDown, New WWE Couple Dating, Bray Wyatt Return Plans – News Bulletin – August 12, 2022
- Kayla Braxton Transitioning To WWE Commentator Role?
- WWE NXT Level Up August 12 Set For Debut & Chase U
- NXT UK Results For August 11, 2022