Ruby Soho officially punched her ticket to the Women’s Owen Hart Tournament on last night’s (April 15) AEW Rampage, defeating Robyn Renegade in a tournament qualifier.
However, Tony Khan revealed on his most recent appearance on Busted Open Radio that Renegade was not the original planned opponent for Soho in the qualifier.
Per Khan himself, AQA was originally slated to face off against Ruby, but was pulled due to being sick.
“I also really like AQA, who is another wrestler [from] down here in Texas, and honestly I wanted to give her an opportunity and an Owen qualifier. I had looked at doing Ruby vs. AQA last week and AQA’s been sick so I hadn’t been able to get her in the mix.”
Soho defeated Renegade, with her now joining Hikaru Shida, Jamie Hayter and Toni Storm as the confirmed entrants in the tournament. The fifth participant will be crowned this Wednesday, when Britt Baker takes on Danielle Kamela.
transcription via F4WOnline
- Intense Dispute As WWE Star Calls Another’s Gimmick ‘Stale’ After Being Accused Of Copying Catchphrase
- Photo: Matt Riddle Shows Off New Look Amid WWE Return Rumors
- NXT Star Confronts Shawn Michaels After Vengeance Day
- WWE Star Confirms Departure From The Company?
- WWE Star Urges Fans To Stop Complaining, Says He’s ‘Content’ With ‘Silly’ Gimmick
- Real Reason For ‘Last Minute’ Change To Ronda Rousey Title Plans
- Top WWE Raw Star To Make NXT Return On February 7 Episode
- Top Star Compares WWE To Succession TV Series
- Backstage Reaction To AEW House Shows
- Booker T Calls Current Star’s Performance “Oscar-Worthy”