The original planned winner of the steel cage match between Becky Lynch and Bayley at WWE Raw 30 has reportedly been revealed.
If you watched the show or were on the internet the day after, you’ll know that the match didn’t actually take place and we just saw an angle with Damage CTRL attacking Lynch for a couple of minutes.
The reason for that was the opening segment with the Bloodline going longer than it was planned to, but the question is, who was actually going to win?
According to PWInsider, the original plan was for Becky Lynch to win the steel cage match.
Lynch was then planned to be attacked by Damage CTRL after, so what we saw as the end result was them basically skipping the actual match part and going straight to that.
It’s expected the match will happen at a future date and the decision to pull it was made so it could get the proper time it deserved rather than being rushed.
However, WWE has yet to officially announce when that’ll be, or even if it actually is the case.
The cage match being pulled from Raw 30 contributed to a lot of fan backlash coming out of the show regarding representation of women, as Bianca Belair vs Sonya Deville was the only women’s match on the whole show, and the only woman legend that appeared was Alundra Blayze.
- WWE Name Change Revealed At Royal Rumble
- VIDEO: Another Failed Kofi Kingston Royal Rumble Moment
- Released WWE Star Returns & Sets Embarrassing Royal Rumble Record
- Emotional Scenes As INCREDIBLE Sami Zayn/Bloodline Segment Closes Royal Rumble
- Cody Rhodes Wins WWE Royal Rumble 2023
- Here’s What Happened During WWE’s Mountain Dew Pitch Black Match
- Real Reason Rey Mysterio Missed WWE Royal Rumble
- Former WWE Name Makes AEW Debut
- Triple H Addresses The Rock WWE WrestleMania 39 Status
- Royal Rumble Sets Up Massive WrestleMania Match?