The overnight viewership for last night’s (March 12) episode of Friday Night SmackDown on FOX has been revealed, and it’s not great news for WWE.
ShowBuzz Daily is reporting that last night’s show, which kicked off with a promo from WWE Hall of Famer Edge, brought in an average of 2.01 million viewers, as well as a 0.5 in the 18-49 demographic.
In case you are curious, below is the hour-by-hour breakdown for the show:
- Hour One – 2.028 million viewers (0.5 rating)
- Hour Two – 1.992 million viewers (0.5 rating)
By comparison, last week’s show brought in an average of 2.252 million viewers, meaning this show dropped by an average of 242,000 viewers. The show last week also brought in a 0.6 rating, which is 0.1 more than last night’s figure.
The show was unfortunately one of the weaker episodes of SmackDown in some time, with the blue brand’s shows actually being rarely pretty good since the first week of the ThunderDome in August last year.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?