The overnight viewership for last night’s episode of Friday Night SmackDown, featuring the return of Jimmy Uso, has been revealed.
Last week’s episode of SmackDown drew under 2 million viewers, going head to head with a portion of the NFL Draft. This week’s show saw an increase in viewership, ahead of WrestleMania Backlash next Sunday.
The show did well in the 18-49 demographic, achieving the top score of the night, 0.6. In the 25-54 demographic, SmackDown scored 0.7, second only to Shark Tank.
Here are the stats for each hour:
First Hour: 2.147 million viewers, 0.6 rating for 18-49 demographic
Second Hour: 2.166 million viewers, 0.6 rating for 18-49 demographic
On SmackDown, Cesaro became No.1 Contender to Roman Reigns’ Universal Championship. He will battle Reigns at WrestleMania Backlash on May 16.
Jimmy Uso made his long-awaited return last night, aligning himself with Reigns and Jey Uso. It is being reported that Mia Yim (RECKONING) was also meant to make her return on SmackDown.
A vignette for another wrestler yet to make their in-ring return was also originally planned to air last night. You can read about the scrapped segment here.
- Sting Pulled From AEW Double Or Nothing Weekend Due To Injury
- WWE Announces Change To Money In The Bank Location
- AEW Announces Championship Belt Redesign
- Another AEW Double Or Nothing Match To Be Added?
- Bobby Lashley Teases Brock Lesnar WWE Return
- Nikkita Lyons Provides Injury Update After Being Pulled From NXT 2.0
- Update On How Long Stephanie McMahon Will Be Away From WWE
- Men’s Owen Hart Foundation Tournament Final Set For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Full Audio: Pre-AEW Double Or Nothing Media Call With Tony Khan
- Paul London Says He Was ‘Shut Down Immediately’ When Reaching Out About AEW Role