Some good news coming in for WWE SmackDown today, as the overnight viewership numbers have raised to pre-pandemic numbers.
Spoiler TV is reporting that SmackDown drew 2.49 million overnight viewers, which is way up from the 2.169 that last week’s show drew.
This number is the highest that the show has scored, minus the episode that aired on Christmas Day following a football game, since pre-pandemic.
The show was advertised to be fairly stacked, featuring a John Cena and Roman Reigns face to face segment, a Sasha Banks and Bianca Belair contract signing, and an Intercontinental Championship match, which resulted in the crowning of a new champion.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Top AEW Merch Sellers’ Push Halted?
- Dave Meltzer Responds To Latest CM Punk Controversy
- WWE ‘Higher Up’ Reveals Real Backstage Reaction To Rise Of Sami Zayn
- Former AEW TNT Champion Considering A WWE Move?
- Celebrity Waiting For Call To Make WWE Return
- AEW Name Opens Up About Training Action Star’s Daughter
- Report: How ‘Majority’ Of AEW Roster Feel Toward CM Punk Revealed
- Former NHL Player Makes In-Ring Debut At IMPACT Wrestling TV Tapings
- Top Star Argues WWE’s Investment In Roman Reigns Has Only Just Started Paying Off
- Next WWE Hall Of Fame 2023 Inductee Announced