Paige VanZant has provided an update on her MMA future, after signing with AEW.
VanZant put pen to AEW paper on last week’s (March 9) edition of Dynamite. Speaking with Carton & Roberts, VanZant confirmed that she plans to continue her MMA career while with AEW, noting:
“I’m not done MMA fighting at all. I think people have this idea that you have to stick with one thing. But being a mixed martial artist, and being in this sport, you can evolve and can focus on one aspect at any given time.
“Definitely not retired from MMA, but at this current moment, I am signed to (professional boxing and professional wrestling).
VanZant’s most recent MMA fight took place in 2020 at UFC 251, against Amanda Ribas. She has since fought for Bare Knuckle Fighting Championship, recently confirming that AEW allowed her to have an open-ended contract with the company.
Stay up to date with AEW win/loss records for 2022 using our tracker, at this link.
Quote via Wrestling Inc.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Major WWE Faction Potentially Splitting Up Soon
- ‘Lots Of Praise’ For WWE Star’s Performance On Raw
- Ex-WWE Name Ruled Out Of Joining AEW
- Top WWE Star Suffering Recurring Injury
- ‘Forbidden Door’ Match Announced For AEW Dynamite
- WWE Management ‘Happy’ With NXT Call-Ups’ Main Roster Debut
- Brock Lesnar Could Break Surprising WWE Record
- Major AEW Star ‘Bewildered’ He Could Walk Away After Recent Match
- Bryan Danielson & Kazuchika Okada React To Forbidden Door 2023 Match
- WWE SmackDown Segment’s Staggering Numbers Smash Social Media Records