Pat McAfee, who has been off NXT TV since TakeOver: WarGames last November, has addressed his current status.
Triple H said in the media call ahead of tonight’s TakeOver: Vengeance Day that McAfee has been busy with other projects, but the man himself has now provided an update.
On his latest show, McAfee said:
“I was talked about in the wrestling community yesterday by Triple H, actually, about my future plans. It was interesting.
“I mean, all very nice things he said there but me learning about being written off TV did happen live on the air. He’s a very nice man, Mr H, for everything he said. He did say, basically, like, ‘Pat has been very busy. Kind of a fatass right now. He’s going to have to get back into shape,’ basically is what he said. ‘And then maybe we’ll think about something’.
“I’ve not heard anything, by the way. Have not heard anything. No ideas. But I do believe the first step would be to have the diet match the amount of conditioning I’ve been doing in the Oculus. And when that happens, look out.”
Pat McAfee has had two matches in NXT to date. The first was a loss to Adam Cole at TakeOver 31, and the second was the WarGames match that saw him, Danny Burch, Oney Lorcan and Pete Dunne lose to the Undisputed ERA.
Quote via 411Mania
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- PHOTO: First Look At Vince McMahon’s ‘Creepy Mustache’
- Update On Major WWE Return Rumored For WrestleMania 39
- WWE Main Roster Star Causes Major Title Change At NXT Stand & Deliver
- WrestleMania 39 Night One Main Event Revealed
- Big Spoiler On Plans For Rey Mysterio Vs. Dominik Mysterio At WrestleMania 39
- Big News On What Vince McMahon Was Doing At WrestleMania 39
- Confirmation On Bobby Lashley’s WrestleMania 39 Status?
- Kevin Owens & Sami Zayn Capture Undisputed WWE Tag Team Championship
- WWE Star Thinks Bobby Lashley WrestleMania 39 Situation Is ‘Inexcusable’
- Tony Khan Says Former WWE Star In ROH Is ‘Never Going To Happen’