Pat McAfee, NXT pre-show analyst and WWE social media personality, has revealed that he almost quit WWE just moments before WrestleMania began after being shouted at backstage by Michael Cole for wearing shorts.
On the Pat McAfee Show, he detailed how he was instructed to specifically not wear jorts. He didn’t, instead cutting his tuxedo trousers in half and turning those into shorts instead. How very cool of him.
Apparently though, Michael Cole, who is undoubtedly the most uncool person on planet earth, had a go at Pat in front of everyone, saying he looked unprofessional.
This caused tension to boil over for McAfee, who was set to host the WrestleMania Watch-Along livestream, as he went to pack his bags and walk out on the show and the company.
Just 16 minutes before the WrestleMania pre-show was due to start, a WWE digital staffer saw McAfee and went to go and get Vince McMahon to tell him what was going on.
Vince actually ended up loving the attire, and Cole wholeheartedly apologized for the incident, saying he thought the shorts were going to ruin any future McAfee had in WWE with it being his first real big appearance as he was a part of the ‘Mania pre-show.
You can watch the episode of the Pat McAfee Show with his full explanation here:
Truly incredible stuff.
- WWE Accidentally Leaks Scrapped WrestleMania 39 Plan
- WWE Confirms Vince McMahon An Employee Of The Company
- Big Matt Riddle WWE Update Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- CM Punk Spotted In Los Angeles With Two AEW Stars (PHOTO)
- Major Star In Los Angeles Amid WrestleMania 39 Return Rumors
- The Usos Break Character To Praise Sami Zayn Ahead Of WrestleMania 39
- Triple H Has Big Plans For WWE Raw Star
- WWE To Scrap Planned Title Change?
- Carmella’s Role At WWE WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- Plans For Popular WWE Star ‘On Hold’ Until After WrestleMania 39