The Road to WrestleMania delivered a surprise for Pat McAfee on tonight’s episode of SmackDown (March 18) when he was summoned mid-show to Mr. McMahon’s office.
Being informed by Michael Cole that the Chairman of the Board wanted to see him backstage, McAfee left the SmackDown commentary desk to head backstage before a commercial break.
Back from commercial break, McAfee came to the ring and shared that when he was 11 years old he discovered professional wrestling, “the thing that I thought I was put on this earth to do.” He went on to say that he got a call from Michael Cole inviting him to work on SmackDown and it was a dream come true.
But shortly after hopping on the mic, he was interrupted by Austin Theory and McAfee went on to say that it was just suggested to him by Vince McMahon that he needed to apologize to Austin Theory or risk losing his dream job and this match at WrestleMania.
Pat McAfee struggled to apologize although eventually did, however adding the lines, “I’m sorry your parents raised a douche bag” amongst a series of insults and ended the apology with, “I apologize that you’re a punk bitch.”
Theory took a selfie, shoved McAfee, and laughed at Pat as he left the ring saying, “You apologized!”
The plot continues to thicken on SmackDown live on Fox, follow along with all the live results from tonight’s episode of SmackDown here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Former WWE Star Announces Pregnancy
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom
- CM Punk Dedicates Impending AEW Return To WWE Hall Of Famer
- Huge Match Being Discussed For AEW x NJPW Forbidden Door 2023
- Incredible Brock Lesnar Gesture At WrestleMania 39 Revealed
- WWE Star Reveals His Leg Is Partially Paralyzed
- AEW Star Makes Surprise AAA Appearance, Match Set For TripleMania XXXI
- Absent AEW Star ‘Not Being Brought Up Creatively’
- AEW Star Wants ‘One More Run’ As A Wrestler
- Update On WWE Status Of Talents Company Is ‘Real High’ On