We now know when we can expect Pat McAfee to make his return to WWE after his departure for College GameDay.
McAfee served as an announcer for SmackDown alongside Michael Cole from April 2021 until September 2022 when he left for the College GameDay role and was replaced by Corey Graves.
The Cole & Graves team on SmackDown ended up only lasting a month, as WWE announced a major shakeup to its announce teams on October 6.
The new teams, starting with tonight’s October 7 SmackDown, are:
- Raw – Kevin Patrick & Corey Graves
- SmackDown – Michael Cole & Wade Barrett
- NXT – Vic Joseph & Booker T
Of course, McAfee is still absent because the football season is still going on, but according to the latest Wrestling Observer Newsletter, he is set to return to the SmackDown position in January.
The Observer says McAfee will “rejoin the team”, although it isn’t clear whether this would make the SmackDown team a three-man team, or whether his return will actually lead to another set of changes.
We’ll keep you updated, but the good news is that we know Pat McAfee will be coming back in just a few months’ time.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Report: Sasha Banks Set For NJPW Wrestle Kingdom 17
- William Regal Shares Farewell Message For Blackpool Combat Club
- Top WWE Star Admits Injury ‘Still Isn’t Feeling Right’ Despite Return
- Returning AEW Star Reveals He Did Not Want To Take Hiatus
- Another Top WWE Star Pulled From Upcoming Shows
- WWE Star Wants To Apply For Great British Bake Off
- Popular AEW Star’s Contract Expiring In July 2023
- Potential Spoiler For WWE Royal Rumble Return
- Here’s What NXT’s Shawn Michaels Had To Say About William Regal
- AEW Backstage Reaction To Possibility Of Sasha Banks Joining The Company