Paul Heyman has confirmed that he signed a long-term WWE deal last year.
In March 2021, it was reported that Heyman’s contract was set to expire. As Heyman continued on in his onscreen role as Roman Reigns’ Special Counsel, many assumed that Heyman has agreed to a contract extension of some kind.
Speaking with Richard Deitsch on the Sports Media podcast, Heyman confirmed that he inked a long-term agreement with WWE when his contract was up.
Believing that he would’ve been a fool not to accept WWE’s offer, Heyman said:
“It was public knowledge that my contract came up last year and I kept it very close to the vest because I’m not one of these people that, A, want to negotiate in public, and B, I’m reading an awful lot lately about who signed for how long and how much, and I never want that to be me.
“This much, I will say, I re-signed with WWE last year, it was a long-term agreement. They created a situation where I would have been a fool not to take them up on their offer. I’m locked in for a while.
“I also…this has been the case for a long time for me because I do outside projects just because I like to multi-task and I’m very ADD and I can’t concentrate on one thing ever in my life. I have carve-outs to allow me to do other projects, which is also to WWE’s benefit because I’m locked into WWE as well.
“I’m always gonna be, ‘oh that WWE guy is doing this outside project.’ I would never do anything that would betray my deal with WWE because they went out of their way to ensure that I was here. I’m happy, I’m locked in, and we’re mutually satisfied with each other’s contributions.”
Heyman didn’t disclose details on his new deal, so the length of his contract is currently unknown.
The Special Counsel will be ringside for Roman Reigns’ title unification bout against Brock Lesnar on WrestleMania 38 Sunday.
You can view the announced card for WrestleMania Saturday (April 2) here, and the current line-up for WrestleMania Sunday (April 3) here.
Transcription via WrestlingNews.co.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- Paul Heyman’s Intriguing Reaction After Jimmy Uso Accidentally Costs Jey Uso Championship Match
- Another New WWE Championship Design Revealed & Big Return On SmackDown
- Another New WWE Championship Redesign To Be Revealed On SmackDown
- Another WWE Championship Unification Match Announced
- Update On WWE Women’s Title Situation Ahead Of June 9 SmackDown
- KENTA Responds To Alternate Dream Match For CM Punk At Forbidden Door
- New IMPACT World Champion Crowned
- NXT Stars Interfere In Big Match On SmackDown
- Popular AEW Star Sidelined With Neck Injury
- Major WWE Championship Match Announced For SmackDown In London