Paul Heyman is never one to hold back and certainly has a lot of interesting ideas. Heyman recently spoke with Ariel Helwani from ESPN and talked about how he thinks someone is positioning for a huge match with Roman Reigns at WrestleMania 37.
The Rock recently name-dropped Roman Reigns’ name. Heyman was asked if the family storyline was going to ultimately lead to a Rock vs. Roman match. Here is what the advocate for the tribal chief had to say:
“Oh, I’m sure Dwayne the Rock Johnson sure hopes so. I mean, let’s examine this from a realistic point of view. Roman Reigns never mentioned Dwayne Johnson’s name. Paul Heyman never mentioned Dwayne Johnson’s name. So, you can’t categorize this as the biggest star on FOX network, let alone the biggest star on SmackDown, let alone the biggest star in WWE is looking to call out a bigger star. We never mentioned Dwayne Johnson’s name. The Rock mentioned Roman Reigns’ name. The Rock called out Roman Reigns. The Rock is positioning himself to get the celebrity rub off of Roman Reigns, and you know what, god bless The Rock for doing it. He’s always thinking. He’s very sharp. He’s no dumb guy. He’s always thinking box office.”
What do you think? Is Rock vs. Roman the ultimate destination for the family drama on SmackDown? Let us know on Twitter.
Thanks to Cageside Seats for the transcription of the quote.
- Big Format Change To AEW Double Or Nothing Affecting CM Punk Vs. Hangman Page?
- Tony Khan Provides Update On AEW’s Standing Following Warner Bros Discovery Merger
- Cody Rhodes Planned As WWE 2K23 Cover Star?
- AEW Dynamite Live Results – May 25, 2022
- Alexa Bliss Reports “Fan” For Death Threats
- Sonny Kiss ‘Still Believes AEW Is For Everyone’ Despite Long TV Hiatus
- Rumour Killer On WWE Ending The Brand Split
- WWE SmackDown Star Ludwig Kaiser Undergoes Another Name Change
- Mia Yim Says ‘WWE Likes To Fix S**t That Isn’t Broken’
- Unused Jeff Hardy SVR 2010 Road to WrestleMania Story Outlines