As first reported by WWE.com, Paul Heyman will induct Goldberg into the WWE Hall of Fame on Friday, April 6.
This news will come as a surprise to many as Heyman’s most recent interaction with Goldberg was standing in the corner of the man who defeated him at WrestleMania 33 last year, Brock Lesnar. Heyman has, however, been a standout part of Goldberg’s career, especially during his most recent run in WWE.
— WWE (@WWE) March 25, 2018
In a statement from WWE they stated:
“Paul Heyman has been at ringside for some of Goldberg’s most intense battles in the squared circle. Now, Brock Lesnar’s advocate will be the person who inducts the former WCW World Heavyweight and [WWE] Universal Champion into the WWE Hall of Fame during the 2018 Induction Ceremony on Friday, April 6, during WrestleMania 34 week.”
Unsurprisingly, the WWE was also quick to point out that “Heyman is never one to pull any punches or mince words” so we should at least expect an entertaining induction from the master of the microphone.
Goldberg will be joining Ivory, the Dudley Boyz, Mark Henry, Jeff Jarrett and Hillbilly Jim in the wrestling wing of the Hall of Fame – along with Jarrius “JJ” Robertson as the Warrior Award recipient, and Kid Rock in the celebrity wing. It has yet to be announced who will induct Jeff Jarrett, Hillybilly Jim, Mark Henry, or Kid Rock at this year’s event.
- warrior award
- Hall of Fame 2018
- WrestleMania 34
- hall of fame
- Kid Rock
- dudley boyz
- jeff jarrett
- Hillbilly Jim
- Brock Lesnar
- Jarrius Robertson
- Mark Henry
- paul heyman
- WWE Announces Signing Of Former AEW Star Jade Cargill
- Last Man Standing Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- Triple H Comments On Jade Cargill Signing With WWE
- AEW Star Sends Message To Jade Cargill After Signing With WWE
- Update On Free Agent Rumored To Join WWE Or AEW
- John Cena Match Confirmed For WWE Fastlane 2023
- TV Show Featuring CM Punk Canceled
- Incredible IYO SKY Vs. Asuka WWE SmackDown Viewership Figure Revealed
- Update On WWE Faction Splitting
- Top AEW Star Is Happy Being ‘Guinea Pig’ For ‘Crazy Stuff’