Paul Wight has said that he still wants a match with Shaquille O’Neal.
Speaking with the Miami Herald, Wight was asked if the often teased match between them would ever happen. Wight responded that he hopes it does happen, calling it the biggest tease ever. Here is the quote, courtesy of Fightful:
“I hope so at some point. It’s been the biggest tease ever between Shaq vs. me for how many years. At some point, you either never do it because you can’t live up to the tease or we need to hurry up and do it before it gets to be yesterday’s news.”
The closest the two have come to having a match was at WrestleMania 32. Paul Wight and Shaq squared off in the Andre The Giant Memorial Battle Royal before both being eliminated early in the match.
Wight now works for All Elite Wrestling as the commentator on AEW Dark Elevation. Shaq also wrestled a match for AEW earlier this year as he and Jade Cargill defeated Cody Rhodes and Red Velvet.
- Hit Row Return On WWE SmackDown
- Tony Khan Officially Announces Parker Boudreaux Is All Elite
- Tyson Fury Announces Retirement From Boxing
- Karrion Kross References Release In Promo On SmackDown
- Swerve Strickland Reacts To Hit Row WWE Return On SmackDown
- Talent Believe The WWE Draft Is Coming After Clash At The Castle
- Another Legal Update On Jeff Hardy DUI Case
- Former WWE Referee Scott Armstrong Appears On IMPACT Emergence
- NJPW G1 Climax 32 Night 16 Results
- Vince McMahon Planned On Burying Gunther Following July 4 Raw