‘People in power’ reportedly want former WWE NXT star Candice LeRae to join AEW.
LeRae became a free agent last week after her WWE contract expired. Bar a few InDex segments, LeRae stopped appearing regularly on NXT TV in July 2021 due to her pregnancy, before giving birth this past February.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there are definitely some higher-ups that would like to see LeRae in an AEW ring.
Unsure of the AEW President’s stance on potentially signing LeRae, Meltzer noted:
“While we don’t know Tony Khan’s thoughts on the matter, it is obvious that there are people in power at AEW who would want her in the company.”
LeRae last wrestled during the July 2021 NXT Great American Bash event.
Her husband, Johnny Gargano, let his WWE contract expire in December 2021, and also has yet to return to the ring. The former NXT Champion visited the WWE Performance Center last month.
Over 20 performers have left WWE this year so far. You can check out the full list of WWE departures in 2022 right here.
To make sure you stay updated with all the latest wrestling news, add WrestleTalk.com to your Google Discover feed and follow us on Twitter!
- WWE Announces Nine New Signings
- How Many Tickets CM Punk Immediately Moved For AEW Collision In Chicago
- AEW Getting ‘More Aggressive’ In Major Stars’ Contract Negotiations
- Arena Shut Down ‘A Lot’ Of Ideas For AEW Double Or Nothing
- Update On Ace Steel’s Involvement In CM Punk-Led AEW Collision
- WWE Venue Contracts Reportedly Have Interesting AEW Clauses
- AEW’s Tay Melo Addresses In-Ring Future After Announcing Pregnancy
- Two AEW Stars Returning From Injury Soon
- Popular Faction To Reunite On SmackDown?
- Update On Drew McIntyre Amid Ongoing WWE Absence