‘People in power’ reportedly want former WWE NXT star Candice LeRae to join AEW.
LeRae became a free agent last week after her WWE contract expired. Bar a few InDex segments, LeRae stopped appearing regularly on NXT TV in July 2021 due to her pregnancy, before giving birth this past February.
Per Dave Meltzer in the latest edition of the Wrestling Observer Newsletter, there are definitely some higher-ups that would like to see LeRae in an AEW ring.
Unsure of the AEW President’s stance on potentially signing LeRae, Meltzer noted:
“While we don’t know Tony Khan’s thoughts on the matter, it is obvious that there are people in power at AEW who would want her in the company.”
LeRae last wrestled during the July 2021 NXT Great American Bash event.
Her husband, Johnny Gargano, let his WWE contract expire in December 2021, and also has yet to return to the ring. The former NXT Champion visited the WWE Performance Center last month.
Over 20 performers have left WWE this year so far. You can check out the full list of WWE departures in 2022 right here.
- WATCH Fight Break Out Between Fan And Wrestler Joe Black At Independent Show
- IMPACT Wrestling Taping SPOILERS & A Famous Faction Returns
- William Regal Compares Putting Over AEW Star Danhausen To Past WWE Comedy
- PROGRESS World Championship Declared Vacant at Chapter 134 Event
- AEW Dark: Elevation Stacked Card Includes ROH Women’s Championship Match
- NXT Tag Team Titles Match For In Your House Event Announced
- PROGRESS 134: No Mountain High Enough SPOILERS – Major Challenge Issued For Strong Style Weekend
- Reason Behind Chris Jericho Keeping Judas After His Heel Turn Revealed
- NJPW Capital Collision Results: New IWGP United States Champion & AEW Stars Appear
- Paige Has A Suggestion For Ronda Rousey