After reports that he had generated a huge amount of backstage heat, it was reported today by various sources that controversial NXT referee Drake Wuertz had been fired by WWE.
More is now coming out about Drake Wuertz, with Jon Alba noting on Twitter that people he had spoken to within the company believed that Wuertz was “racist”, explaining that they “felt uncomfortable” being around him at the WWE Performance Center:
In the past 3 weeks, multiple WWE and NXT Superstars told me they believed Drake Wuertz was racist, and felt uncomfortable around him at the WWE Performance Center. One noted they even felt odd with him reffing closed-door matches at the PC. This seemed like it was inevitable.
Prior to his release, it was actually reported that Drake Wuertz had been suspended by WWE and had his duties within the company restricted.
It doesn’t seem like Drake Wuertz is the only person that WWE has released today, with another name now being reported. You can read more about that by clicking here.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Report: WWE Hall Of Famer ‘Adamantly’ Rejected Involvement In Current Star’s Storyline
- WWE Faction To Receive New Name
- Top WWE Star Reportedly Set To Face GUNTHER On June 5 Raw
- Bianca Belair’s Hilarious Response To Bizarre Asuka WWE Trend
- Who Advanced To The WWE Money In The Bank Ladder Match From Raw
- Former WWE Star Tells Current Star To ‘Text Triple H’ Following Independent Show
- What Sami Zayn Had To Say About The Bloodline Implosion On WWE Raw
- AEW Star Questions Crowd Reactions To CM Punk Ahead Of ‘Big Deal’ Return
- Absent AEW Star Rejected Recent Return Plans
- WWE Star To Confront Cody Rhodes On Tonight’s Raw (June 5)?