Indie wrestler David Starr took on WWE United Kingdom Champion WALTER at an OTT show last night, and Starr didn’t make himself any friends in WWE with his antics.
Part of the way into the match, Starr got hold of the United Kingdom title belt, stamped on it and called WALTER a sell out for joining NXT UK earlier this year.
You can see the stamp and WALTER’s reaction below:
The end to the above clip.. pic.twitter.com/Knwvbj9bXG
— Daniel ‘The Broken’ Manning (@irishslamdan) June 24,
Unsurprisingly, the reaction to this has been mixed, with a number of fans calling Starr out for being petty. On the other hand, many have praised him for his character work and support of indie wrestling.
Personally I’m in the second camp. Wrestling is all about creating characters and Starr is one of the most consistent on the entire circuit.
Former United Kingdom Champion Pete Dunne on the other hand tweeted this:
Anti contract ✖️
Anti independent ✖️
Anti David Starr ✔️
— Pete Dunne (@PeteDunneYxB) June 24, 2019
Shoot or not, Dunne seems a bit miffed with David Starr’s actions. Whether WWE has told talent to bury indie stars or whether this is just more character work from Dunne, we’ll just have to wait and see.
- AEW Rampage Spoilers For August 12
- Real Reason For Tay Conti AEW Name Change
- Athena Accuses Leila Grey Of Helping Her Sneak Up On Jade Cargill
- Jon Moxley Unimpressed By Return Of CM Punk
- NXT Star Causes Sasha Banks Controversy, CM Punk Returns To AEW, 14 New WWE Signings Revealed – News Bulletin – August 11, 2022
- Tony Khan Praises WWE’s ‘Better Shows’ Under Triple H
- Current Backstage Belief On Potential Bray Wyatt Return
- Potential Update On Likelihood Of Bray Wyatt Returning To WWE
- Does Warner Brothers Discovery Own 100+ WCW Themes?
- Major Planned Match For AEW All Out Revealed?