Pete Dunne has revealed whether or not he plans to defend the NXT Title in the UK if he becomes champion at NXT TakeOver: In Your House.
Tonight, Pete Dunne, Johnny Gargano, Kyle O’Reilly and Adam Cole challenge Karrion Kross for the NXT Championship. If Dunne wins the gold, NXT UK may receive a visit from The Bruiserweight.
During the June 12 NXT TakeOver Global Press Conference, Dunne was asked if he’d regularly defend the title on NXT UK. Dunne noted that while NXT UK is his brand, he doesn’t want to be defined by his UK Championship history.
Speaking during the press conference, Dunne said:
“NXT UK is my brand, and it always will be my brand, I built it, so that door is never closed. But listen, I’m not going to be defined by a record-breaking title run with the NXT UK Title. My career is going to be defined by what I do with the NXT Title, and that starts tomorrow.”
Dunne held the NXT UK Championship for 685 days before being pinned by WALTER in April 2019. WALTER been the titleholder for over 800 days, defending the gold both in the UK and stateside.
Kay Lee Ray’s record reign with the NXT UK Women’s Title came to an end earlier this week. The legendary Meiko Satomura defeated Kay Lee Ray to become the fourth-ever NXT UK Women’s Champion.
Via Wrestling Inc.
- WWE SmackDown Live Results – May 27, 2022
- Raquel Rodriguez Finishing Move Gets New Name After Previous Name Deemed Too Vulgar
- Charlotte Flair Marries Andrade El Idolo
- Bryan Danielson & William Regal Arrive Early To AEW Tapings To Train With Younger Talent
- Shinsuke Nakamura Debuts New Tag Team With Riddle
- CM Punk Updates His List Of AEW Dream Matches
- New Documentary ‘Wrestling With Whiteness’ Premiering Today
- Paige VanZant Will Make AEW In-Ring Debut At Double Or Nothing
- Jade Cargill On The Baddies Concept: ‘Where Are The Women Wrestling Fans?’
- AEW Fan Fest Today In Las Vegas Ahead Of Double Or Nothing