Pete Dunne has revealed whether or not he plans to defend the NXT Title in the UK if he becomes champion at NXT TakeOver: In Your House.
Tonight, Pete Dunne, Johnny Gargano, Kyle O’Reilly and Adam Cole challenge Karrion Kross for the NXT Championship. If Dunne wins the gold, NXT UK may receive a visit from The Bruiserweight.
During the June 12 NXT TakeOver Global Press Conference, Dunne was asked if he’d regularly defend the title on NXT UK. Dunne noted that while NXT UK is his brand, he doesn’t want to be defined by his UK Championship history.
Speaking during the press conference, Dunne said:
“NXT UK is my brand, and it always will be my brand, I built it, so that door is never closed. But listen, I’m not going to be defined by a record-breaking title run with the NXT UK Title. My career is going to be defined by what I do with the NXT Title, and that starts tomorrow.”
Dunne held the NXT UK Championship for 685 days before being pinned by WALTER in April 2019. WALTER been the titleholder for over 800 days, defending the gold both in the UK and stateside.
Kay Lee Ray’s record reign with the NXT UK Women’s Title came to an end earlier this week. The legendary Meiko Satomura defeated Kay Lee Ray to become the fourth-ever NXT UK Women’s Champion.
Via Wrestling Inc.
What are your thoughts on the above story? Let us know in the comments on Twitter or Facebook.
- Spoilers On Popular Star’s ROH Debut
- PHOTO: Top AEW Star Shows Off New Head Tattoo
- Real Reason WWE Planned Seth Rollins Vs. Bron Breakker
- WWE ‘Real, Real High’ On Recently Debuted Stars
- AEW Referee To Wrestle In Upcoming Match
- Triple H Rejected Popular WWE Faction
- WWE Creative Decision Made Roman Reigns Say ‘I’ve Had Enough’
- AEW Stars Set For Big Tag Team Run This Summer?
- Plan For Heel AEW Star To Become ‘One Of The Biggest Babyfaces’
- Update On How To Watch AEW Collision In The United Kingdom