Peter Avalon is currently working across a number of companies, including AEW and NJPW, thanks to his status as a wrestling “free agent.”
Despite this, he does still look towards a future in WWE.
Speaking with Denise Salcedo, Avalon said:
“Well, WWE’s always kind of been the dream
“That’s what got a lot of us into wrestling, you know what I mean?
“To say that, ‘No,’ I think would be maybe lying, you know? Of course, I wanted to be a wrestler because of the WWE.”
His contribution to the wrestling landscape hasn’t gone unnoticed by WWE either, with Avalon saying:
“I’ve absolutely had meetings with people there.
“I know a lot of the people there.”
One such friendship, he revealed, is with a WWE producer and onscreen talent, with Avalon explaining:
“Adam Pearce is a peer and mentor of mine.
“I grew in the standard, our group there at Championship Wrestling from Hollywood back in the day.
“It was Pearce, the NWA Champion, Joey Kaos, Austin Aries, and myself, and we stayed connected through there.”
Pearce serves as the WWE Director of Live Events and has served as an authority figure on WWE television.
Avalon has recently made appearances on NJPW Strong.
He also appears on AEW Dark as part of The Wingmen with Cezar Bononi and Ryan Nemeth.
Transcript from Wrestling Inc.
Check out WrestleShop.com for all your favorite WrestleTalk merch, the WrestleTalk Magazine, wrestling shirts for grown-ups, and more!
- Backstage Issues In AEW Potentially Led To William Regal’s WWE Return
- Triple H Was ‘Very Unhappy’ With Popular Star’s WWE Release
- AEW Star Speaks Out On William Regal Departure
- Top WWE Star Misses Working With Kenny Omega
- Sami Zayn Explains How Real-Life Friendship With The Usos Influenced WWE Bloodline Storyline
- Barry Windham Suffers Heart Attack, Currently In ICU
- Here’s What Triple H ‘Almost Never Mentioned’ In Creative Meetings
- New Changes, Additions & Plans For WWE 2K23 Potentially Revealed
- Huge Tease For The Rock Vs Roman Reigns At WrestleMania 39
- Sami Zayn Names AEW Stars He Wants To Face