There were several surprise appearances in this year’s women’s Royal Rumble match, from NXT stars appearing, to former champions returning.
One name who made her return during the bout was Raw star Doudrop, now once again working under her original WWE ring name, Piper Niven.
Prior to the Royal Rumble, Doudrop last wrestled on the September 6 episode of NXT, where her and Nikki ASH (Cross) defeated Toxic Attraction’s Gigi Dolin and Jacy Jayne.
Niven had revealed that a COVID related health scare had kept her off television since then, but had also revealed that herself and Triple H had discussions about changing her Doudrop ring name back in August.
With Piper Niven back in the WWE fold, many fans had wondered just when the decision to change her name was made prior to her return.
Per Alex McCarthy of Daily Mail, Niven knew about the name change a month prior to the Rumble, with it being decided that the Rumble match was the best place for her to make her return to the ring.
Piper has the opportunity to qualify for the Elimination Chamber match next week on Raw, when she takes on Candice LeRae, ‘Michin’ Mia Yim and the returning Carmella in a four-way match.
The winner of the Elimination Chamber earns a shot at Bianca Belair’s Raw Women’s Championship at WrestleMania 39.
Think you’re a wrestling mastermind? Well you can prove it by taking quizzes in our brand new quiz section! Don’t forget to tweet us your results!
- AEW Star Announces Their ‘Retirement’ Before Dynamite Loss, Stablemate Vows Vengeance
- Video: WrestleMania 39 Stage Being Constructed At SoFi Stadium
- Major Update On Roxanne Perez’s WWE Status
- WWE Talents Sign Controversial New Deal
- WWE NXT Spoilers For Tuesday March 28
- WWE Star Revealed As Contestant On ‘The Masked Singer’
- CM Punk Drops Latest Tease For AEW Return?
- Kenny Omega Reacts To Match Against Vikingo On AEW Dynamite, AAA Responds
- Major WWE Star Considered Retirement At WrestleMania 39
- Goldberg’s Next Move Revealed?